tracks on Sonar LE sound off

Aigyr

Greetings and best wishes to everyone here,

I am a song writer and singer from Winnipeg

I was wondering if anyone could help me here with the Sonar LE software that came with my BR-800. I cleaned my Lenovo laptop about three months ago and then reinstalled Sonar LE.

Since the tracks on the machine (BR-800) are not enough for me, I have been using BR-800 only to get the sounds and vocal to Sonar LE on the computer. Because I get a lot of tracks on the computer.

Here is what is happening ever since I cleaned my computer: I record the first track on the computer, when I start recording another track it sounds off the beat. No matter how precisely I try to play or sing, it sounds off.

Anyone has any ideas about this? Thank you for your attention.

Eric

Hi from Edmonton - it sounds like the latency is a problem. Track 2 is being recorded with a latency or delay that makes the two tracks out of alignment?
I don't have Sonar here on my work laptop but look into Cakewalk / Google and look for the screen to adjust your bufffer/interface settings. When you change settings it will show you a different latency value.
Mine is 7ms I believe.

Hi from Edmonton - it sounds like the latency is a problem. Track 2 is being recorded with a latency or delay that makes the two tracks out of alignment?
I don't have Sonar here on my work laptop but look into Cakewalk / Google and look for the screen to adjust your bufffer/interface settings. When you change settings it will show you a different latency value.
Mine is 7ms I believe.

Thank you, Ido1957

On the toolbar under Options I found a window called Audio and tried to change the values and then record. Nothing changes. When I reduce the latency the first track starts playing slowly and very distorted. Increasing the values does not affect anything. I searched other windows that would mentioned terms such latency or buffer but could not find anything. I would appreciate your other theories.

Back