Total Template

I record my band bring the tracks back here to mix them in X2. I record 8 tracks (vocal, harp, guitar, bass, kick, snare, OH1, and OH2).
I'm hoping to create a template, but not just a template, a total template in X2 to save time setting up my session. Right now I have a template that I open when I start that brings up the screen layout I like, and a few buses setup and routed.
My session begins by importing the audio tracks. I then have to go and route each track to the correct bus and load plugins. This is the step I'd like to automate. I'm always going to be importing 8 tracks in the same order. Is there any way to setup my template that would allow me to have all my tracks routed and loaded with plugins as i import?
I guess another way to phrase the question would be, is there any way to import audio in to existing tracks?
I'm not sure I'm explaining my question well, I apologize.
Thanks in advance....
-j

... I'm always going to be importing 8 tracks in the same order. Is there any way to setup my template that would allow me to have all my tracks routed and loaded with plugins as i import?
I guess another way to phrase the question would be, is there any way to import audio in to existing tracks? .. -j
Hell yes! The next step is as you're mix setups develop and get refined (and your current proj is backed up good :eek:) you 'save as' to a new template name.
Then strip out the old tracks, automation lines probably, zero' out some of the faders perhaps (re-save..

When I start a new proj I like to have the new project's audio folder loaded in 'Global before launching the template- probably not necessary but every once in a while it seems the template (and new project once saved as 'normal) will want to hang on to the old project's folder location.. That's the only glitch I've seen with it.

And I'm kind'a slow. On importing tracks (usually I'm recording into the proj) I just found put the tracks into the audio folder to begin with, then drag and drop them into the track view'. (saves a copy step.

Anyway, it's kind neat to have them fill out into your work style as you go.

Back