sound fonts...

Ray Brown

hhmm, I have tried to nut this out before, and am still confused, I download SF,s and load them in my SBlive HQ and can play these sounds on the keyboard but cannot find them through Cake, to use diff drums etc.
can anyone help?
thanks
Ray

Using soundfonts.

In cakewalk, under Options --> Midi Devices You want to highlight "SBLive Midi synth" (you probably have two listed). then in cakewalk, select that output port on a midi chanel and set the bank and patch to match the bank where you loaded the soundfont.

You should be all set. I've had some weirdness with Cakewalk unloading the soundfonts when it starts up and I have to load them again. Better to load them once the program is running.

-L

Uncle Thumpy, I don't use Audio HQ at all, I just attach the Sound Fonts first from Cakewalk... Does loading them through Audio HQ work OK? If you do use Audio HQ to load the Sound Font, does Cakewalk then know to use this Sound Font file the next time you open this project file up to work on it?

Gosh I dunno?!?

I never tried to load them from cakewalk. I always loaded them from Audio HQ. HAH! Shows you how observant /I am/. I always loaded them in audio HQ before I even started using soundfonts in Cakewalk.

I know how to use them in SONAR internally, but never tried in Pro audio. Duuuuuhhhh.

;)

-L

Back