Sonar5 - can't record disk may be full

Chipster

I keep getting a message that's saying somthing like "Cannot record entire project, disk may be full" But I have over 9gb available on my audio disk. What else could be causing this?

I had this same problem, I just fiddled till it went away, but I found saving my project as a bundle, close, reopen, and then continuing on worked.

When I was done my days work, I defragged, and it hasn't happened since.

Did all that. Even clean my audo disk and came up with a total of 19.6gb free. Went through all the global/folder and audio/advanced options and made sure all references were pointing to the correct disk. defragged, made sure no anti virus was running, disabled my network connection and everthing else I could think of, as well as everything it says in the trouble shooter, but still no deal. I really don't understand. I started this project a few weeks ago, and all I did is put it on the back burner for a few days. I mean there's already 22 tracks. This one has me stumped.

Remove any plugs that are on, set your buffers up a tad. You may be running out of CPU juice. I experienced this and the above works fine each time. Also, disable 64 bit until you are ready to mix.

The same thing happened to me. I tried all the things the others suggested.

To finally solve the problem, I had to reinstall Sonar (I'm still at v4). But once I applied patch #4 the problem came back. I ended up applying patches one at a time and found that patch #3 was the sweet spot for me. That might be highly machine dependent though.

But the short answer is that a Sonar reinstall works best (in my experience anyway).

Back