Sonar X3 Studio

srg914

Can someone tell me if it's possible, and if so how can I import a song from an audio cd, convert it to midi, and mute the drums. I am getting a midi drum kit and want to be able to play along with a song with the original drums muted. Appreciate any responses. Thx.

That isn't possible. You would need to recreate the song, I'm not aware of any software (yet) that can easily scan a complex audio file (completed song) and compile an accurate midi version of that song. There's programs like Guitar Pro that have a library of songs, and more online made by the community, already in midi form. From that you could mute the drums.

Thanks. I've seen a few youtube videos where people are playing along with muted drums. I've sent them messages asking how they did it. I have seen some videos where people are using their daw and maniplating eq to get the drums lower. But it seems a painstaking task. I've seen some sites where they have drum muted play along songs. I'm interested in Beatles material and I guess due to copyright issues the performances are not from actual Beatles tracks. It's another band playing their music. I dont want to pay for it to begin with and certainly not for someone other than the original artist.

Back