Sonar X3/Platinum drag window box clip select?

wpaldridge

Howdy, all. I tried doing a search about this issue, but I don't think I'm using the right terms. Here are my problems as best as I can explain it:

I jumped from Sonar 8, PE to Sonar X3 (and am now on Platinum). There was a bit of a learning curve, but all-in-all, I mostly dig the features in new versions.

However, there are two huge things that are very bothersome.

1. Is there a way to turn off the clip-select in the take lanes (used to be called layers)? Now, if you click on a clip, it selects that as the active clip and mutes any other clips that overlap it in the same time region. Sometimes I accidentally click on a clip and then I don't know which was the good take. Does that make sense? Anybody else have this problem?

2. What happened to the drag-window-select function (not really sure what to call it)? For instance, say I have eight tracks of drums. I used to be able to drag a select-window and just catch the edges of the clips and it would select the whole clips. Now, wherever the select-window stops, it splits the clip. Here is a picture to help show what I mean (I just grabbed a screenshot off the internet): sonar x3 example.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

Thanks! I got an answer on the Cakewalk forum about the right-click to lasso the clips. You'd think I would've figure that out....

Just curious: how do you not use take lanes? I feel like there's no real way around using them unless you always delete old takes. Do you not comp tracks?

What I do is to loop record over & over again until I've nailed whatever I'm trying to record - vocals, guitars etc.

Sonar's new comping tools are immensely powerful and I have used them occasionally, but not as a matter of course *IF* I can get it right at the tracking stage

Back