SONAR with TWO Delta 1010s

KarnEvil

Ok. This may not be the right place for this thread, so bare with me.

Is anyone that uses 2 Delta 1010's with SONAR forced to use the old .9 Delta drivers to avoid an annoying 'In' field naming problem in SONAR to only have to put up with another annoying naming problem?

My problem:

When using the latest Delta drivers (with 2 1010's), the 'In' field within the Track view of SONAR is too narrow to display all of the text the Delta drivers give to SONAR to display the name of the port. Namely, if I want to record input 3 on the second Delta, the text to display is "Multi-channel Left Delta 3/4". That string of text is to long to fully display in the 'In' field of the track at hand, cutting off the most important pieces of information this string is suppose to display ---> "Left" and "3/4"!

Now, using the old .9 drivers gets around this by only displaying "Left Delta 3/4", which fits fine in the space given. However, the second most important piece of information that should be displayed when using TWO Delta 1010's is NOT displayed ---> which Delta is it, ONE or TWO! I have to know that the second "Left Delta 3/4" displayed in the drop-down menu you get when you click on the In field is for the second Delta.

Ok, so what's the problem then, right? Well, I've been putting up with this for about a year now and I'm forced to stick with this old Delta driver due to this problem.

Has anybody experienced this before? Does anybody know of a fix? Or do I just put-up with it?

I tried talking to M-Audio a while back and was told that their Delta 1010 driver does not support more than one Delta 1010 - those comedians - yes, they told me that. :)

Thanks in advance all!
Dave

Back