I'm having a problem with Sonar 1.3 and I'm wondering if anyone has any insight. I just bought and installed SONAR, I was previously using GuitarStudio2. It seems like it should be a common problem but I've searched the bbs and can't really find a solution I haven't tried. Ok here's the problem:
When I record an audio track in sonar the resulting wav has a bunch of semi-rythmical clicks and pops
Here's my setup
Sound Blaster Live plat.
I am fairly experienced with computer recording so here is all the info I have been able to figure out:
- its not a metronome ;-)
- the audio is not clipping - resulting wav doesn't have any ugly spikes etc. - soft musical passages cause same problem
- I have tried updating SB drivers and tried using APS live drivers
- previously recorded wavs play back with no problems - even 16 at once with a number of effects
- the dropout light doesn't go on, CPU and disk meters don't even register 5%
- GuitarStudio 2 didn't have this problem
- recording (with all the same external settings) in Sound Forge XP works fine
- I have tried various sound sources, guitar straight in, cd player straight in - all through the line in.
So....if anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate the help...needless to say my initial joy of getting SONAR is wearing off.