Sonar - Mackie

Oscar Myer

Hi all...

I recently got myself a Mackie FX8 v2 Pro Mixer. I have the MIDI stuff all worked out but I'm having trouble with the audio side of things in Sonar Platinum.

I checked out the Cakewalk site and here's what I came up with:

In Preferences select audio device, playback and recording, driver mode select MME. Make sure the Mackie is selected in both input and output. <it is.

Under the audio section on the left, click on driver settings and make sure the Mackie is selected as "playback Timing Master" <it is.

In Sonar I can record audio with no problems. The meters show that the audio is playing back without any problems. But my problem is that I cannot hear anything on playback. I'm thinking that it is a simple setup click that I'm missing. I'm running Windows 10.

Any help will be very much appreciated!

Bobby

OK one in all... you can start lining up to give me that proverbial, justified kick in the butt for being so stupid!!! :facepalm:

It seems that there is a little (in my case, hidden) speaker icon on the bottom right side, near the clock in Windows. If one wants to hear an audio sound coming out of one's USB mixer, then one has to make sure that this little icon isn't "muted." Also, when one "un-mutes" this little icon, one should make sure his headphones are turned WAY down before doing so.

I refuse to believe that age has anything to do with situations like this. :D

Bobby

Back