Sonar Automation Problems :(

Vinnydude

Clunge Monster
I've had automation problems in the past but that was it just not responding. Today I've encountered a really really flipping annoying and bizzare problem :/

Before I start, i'm going to point out that I've completely restarted the project I was working on, reset my entire system, and I was still getting this. Very odd indeed.

Right then, the problem!

I'm doing a collaboration track with someone, i've imported my wavs and got a synth loaded. On that synth i've got a filterfreak (i've tried other plugins and it still persists!) and set an envelope on the frequency.

Now, here is where it gets wierd. The synth line comes in at bar 5, and the frequency swells, standard really! lol. But for some reason, if I play from bar 2 rather than from the start, there is a 2 bar delay on the automation. The same if I started form bar 4 and 5 too, there would be a 4 or 5 bar delay before the envelope kicked in.

What the HELL is going on?!!!

If I play the track from the start it's alright and luckily it's at the start :P

Also, I'm sure I've had a similar issue before a while ago and there was a setting somewhere within sonar about timing or something, I forget, god dam memory!

But yeah, I'm pretty sure it's something within Sonar that I've missed! lol

I'll keep at it and when I eventually find what it is I'm looking for I shall report back :D

If he records/bounces the plain synth down to an audio file, it will be track and he can automate, envelope, cut, paste and fx the track all he likes. I do it everytime.

Yes, but he can't affect filter cutoff/resonance/ADSR settings etc - I gather this is what he's trying to automate.

Back