Sonar 8 producer edition & windows 10

musicman 1281

Hi folks I've just upgraded to a new pc using windows 10, I can't get it to install sonar 8 producer edition. It'll show the splash screen but that's all.
Really frustrated, any patches for this ?

Thanks in advance

Graham

Subscribing ;) I use 8.5, I like it. Stable like a rock, does everything I need..
I'll hang in with it till' I can't. (running Vista.

There is a VERY strong chance the 8.5 will not run at all on Windows 10.

2 choices - upgrade Sonar or downgrade your pc

Don't see why I should have to do either. Spent enough money on a new pc that I needed. Everything else works fine

Unless there's reason to think 'somebodies are (or would be) doing something to artificially push these sorts of things..(?) Could just be the nature of the beast.
I'm def not the computer techie type, but I get the.. imprecision', backwards compatibility is a huge deal - for the programmers and on the OS end. Like look at how Reaper did a leap frog over 'older ones- and not having that 'baggage' to carry.
I'm stuck in the opposite direction, got a bunch of UAD plugs I'd lo to run. Ain't apparently gonn'a happen till I upgrade.
IDK- just chattin'

Last edited:
I had to abandon Sonar 8.5 a while back because of the lack of newer interface support.

If you're using a pirated copy, one thing to you could try to go legit is search eBay for a new/unopened boxed X1 or X2 Producer. Then register and upgrade for cheap to the latest [Sonar professional/platinum] version.

I had to abandon Sonar 8.5 a while back because of the lack of newer interface support.

If you're using a pirated copy, one thing to you could try to go legit is search eBay for a new/unopened boxed X1 or X2 Producer. Then register and upgrade for cheap to the latest [Sonar professional/platinum] version.
Mine isn't- never have been. Ever. Are yours?
[/end: face palm/WTF]

Don't see why I should have to do either. Spent enough money on a new pc that I needed. Everything else works fine

I have absolutely no doubt that 8.5 needs access to certain libraries, including Microsoft Redistributable C+ libraries that are no longer part of Windows 10, so my original premise still holds - upgrade your software or downgrade your pc.

My copy of sonar is BOUGHT and paid for legally, I'm NOT going to upgrade because they can't be bothered to support windows 10, I'll find other software that does !

My copy of sonar is BOUGHT and paid for legally, I'm NOT going to upgrade because they can't be bothered to support windows 10, I'll find other software that does !

I think you're missing the point - they *do* support windows 10, just not with the 7-8 year old version of their software. You may be eligible for a discounted upgrade since you're a current license owner.

There's actual programming reasons as Jonesey explained that software makers can't keep all their legacy software on life support indefinitely.

---------- Update ----------

Mine isn't- never have been. Ever. Are yours?
[/end: face palm/WTF]

Haha, I was trying to be helpful.

actual :facepalm:

You'll find the CURRENT versions of Sonar are supported under Windows 10

Have you tried to run Quake III Arena under Windows 10 (or 7)?

Back