Sonar 2 MIDI Envelope Question

zone_ahead

I'm having a problem with applying a MIDI volume envelope to multiple MIDI tracks within the same project.

I have 3 MIDI tracks routed to different Dxi's. None of the tracks are assigned to a specific channel in or out, they are set to (none). I'm trying to put volume envelopes on all three of them.

The first track, I applied a MIDI volume envelope (default ch. 1) and I can hear the envelope responding to data, acting as I want it to.

However, the 2nd and 3rd MIDI tracks, when I apply that same envelope (default ch. 1), I can't hear the volume change, however on the volume meter on the tracks, I can SEE the volume automation.

I'm just starting to get my head around MIDI, as I'm new to Sonar and in the past have used Acid Pro 3/4, and the MIDI implementation in Acid is quite different as well as quite limited.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with the channel, but I'm still a little lost when it comes to MIDI channels. I tried switching the 2nd and 3rd MIDI tracks from no channel to channels 1 & 2, as well as their corresponding volume envelopes to those same channels, but that hasn't seemed to work.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Back