sonar 2.0 xl problem

sipi1910

when trying to trim a part of a track i click on the track and the whole track turns black and blue.it won't let me click and drag my mouse across the part i want to trim. am i doiing something wrong?

thanks in advance,
wayne

Not sure what you mean when you say "trim part of a track."

Sonar uses slip editing for trimming a track. Slip editing is great, easy to use, and it's non-destructive (and helps build strong bodies in 12 different ways :) ).

To slip edit something, first you need to cut the track using the sissor tool (or the S key). Once you have made the cut, place your cursor over the cut until you see it change into a rectangle with a L/R arrow. Then use your mouse to left click and hold, and you can drag the end of the track and hide it. The hidden part will not playback, but it is available to bring back if you ever need it by re-dragging it back to the starting point.

You can also do this from the very end or very beginning of a track without having to make a cut first.

Also, you might find it easier to do this if you disengage your snap to grid first. That will allow for making the cuts exactly where you want them to be.

Back