Sonar 2.0 vs. Cubase SX

f. lai

I know that neither are actually out yet, but based on past performance and future promises, which is better and why. Or at least which has stronger points than the other and why. Thanks.

If you're referring to my cross-post, then I think it is acceptable since I posted in both the cubase and cakewalk forums.

FWIW,

I've been using Cakewalk 9 and Cubase 3.2 for quite a while. Each has it's benefits that I miss when switching. Otherwise, I generally prefer Cubase.

Matt

Sonar's interface is completely diff then cakewalk so that comment is irrelevant...

Cubase SX interface is diff so that comment is irrelevant

Cubase was too difficult to learn for me. All serious sound recording s/ware is difficult, Cubase seemed the worst. So I went with C/walk. IMNSHO its better for what I want to achieve.

As ever, yer pays yer money.........

Teacher said:
Sonar's interface is completely diff then cakewalk so that comment is irrelevant...

Cubase SX interface is diff so that comment is irrelevant

Right. I forgot about the thread police on this forum.

Moderator: Please delete my post and ban me from this forum.

how is that comment irrelevant...i'd say the top 3 midi audio software for PC Logic, Sonar, and Cubase are all the same shit just different toilet basically saying which eva ya more comfortable wit is better for u there is no real advantage to using either except GUI

The choice is yours

I definately agree with the Teacher. I used Logic, Pro Tools LE, Vegas and Sonar. I never tried Cubase, but I don't think the learning curve can be greater than Logic. My personal favorite is Cakewalk Sonar, it is geared toward the beginner and the recording pro. I use it in my Demo studio. I love Sonar.

I too love Sonar...

... and I agree that there's a bit of Coke vs Pepsi when making comparisons (I've only ever seen Protools in action and I'm talking GUI/editing, etc features here).

What put me over the edge was my knowledge of the Cakewalk interface, refinements/improvements nonwithstanding.

I'd like to add to the mix with this:
I've heard a lot of horror stories concerning support thru Steinberg and Emagic (overseas companies - to the West anyway). Although others may not share the experience, my questions/problems with Cakewalk have always been dealt with promptly, either via phone or email. I've NEVER waited more than a week for an email response. It's usually 2 days. YMMV.;)

i can testify to that Cakewalk's support is second to none....and they actually listen to users and try to implement changes that we want with each patch and upgrade

Paul881 said:
Cubase was too difficult to learn for me. All serious sound recording s/ware is difficult, Cubase seemed the worst. So I went with C/walk. IMNSHO its better for what I want to achieve.

As ever, yer pays yer money.........

Same here!

Back