Soft Synths stopped working in Sonar home studio xl 7?

ASG

Today i was tampering with my midi inputs and outputs and my laptop crashed. It crashes alot because im running win7 and it doesnt seem to get along with my interface, but i can deal with that. what i dont get is when i rebooted my computer and went back to sonar, my soft synths were no longer working. At first i thought it was something i did but i readjusted my inputs and outputs and looks fine to me. i recently got ahold of some sweet vst's and i had alot of old software installed so i cleaned it all out including sonar, reinstalled sh7 and the xl pack but still no response the soft synths when i play a key on my controller. At first it was just cakewalk tts but then the other synths soon followed in being nonresponsive. Any ideas?

The same thing happened with me. I was excited that I’d finally got my soft synths inserted. All the tracks showed up in the Cakewalk TTS-1, and then all of a sudden it just stopped working. No sound. Then later, none of my other synths would work either. I’m using Vista and I started Sonar as an administrator.

Are you getting MIDI into the puter at all???

Is the freeze function "on"??? If it is, unfreeze the track.

Is the audio engine "on"??? If not, turn it on.

Back