Setting up a Reverb AUX or Bus??

Melsi

Padawan
Hi,

Just wondering how do i create a reverb in sonar that i just wanna hear in my phones whilst im recording but not affecting the actual signal itself?

Sorry if its been asked already :confused:

Thankssss

so what do i do to setup this verb then? can you give me the steps?

just to clarify i wanna be recording vocals in sonar and whilst recording i wanna hear a verb of my signal in my phones but not actually affecting the signal itself...

This is what I do:

Have a vocal track/ send that track to a bus with the reverb in the bus fx bin/ on the vocal track engage the button that says input monitoring

but then what happens if i add other effects to the bin on that vocal track and carry on recording, i will hear all of the other effects aswel as the reverb when i only wanna hear the reverb

Last edited:
but then what happens if i add other effects to the bin on that vocal track and carry on recording, i will hear all of the other effects aswel as the reverb when i only wanna hear the reverb

You might be making this too difficult, but then there is a million ways to do this stuff..
-Typically if you set up say a bus for verb- aside from added control options one of the main points of doing it on a bus- vs. the track insert, is so you can also send other tracks to it and do their individual effects level mixes back at the track aux sends. I.e. it would be rare where you’d load one bus up with multiple effects (maybe.
- Just turn the ones you don’t want to hear off while you’re tracking?

Just keep it as a reverb bus...don't put anything else in there. You can set up other busses for other shit.

As you make new busses you'll see they are added to the drop-down asignment list in the track 'add send function.

Back