Recording audio

I was able to record audio from an external synth through my Focusrite Audio interface. I inserted an Audio track and chose the Focusrite. All good. The problem is when I add another audio track that will be used for another instrument, there is no sound coming in. That makes no sense. The track is identical to the one that just worked yet there is no level coming in. Nothing has changed. My work around is copying the recorded track to a new one and then making the new recording on the one track that works.

THis is so cumbersome. It makes me not want to record any music at all with all of the problems I am going through. Nothing makes sense, and then for some crazy reason, things begin to work a few days later and I did nothing to make it work.

Anyway, if anyone knows why I can record to one track and not to any others despite the settings being the same, please enlighten me.

its the learning curve .. if your inputs are set correctly, then at a guess you've not clicked the monitor button for the channel you want to record on :)

there's a ton of great tutorials here YouTube

you`ll be flying round it soon :)

Based on the other random issues you've experienced, have you considered possible hardware causes for the glitchiness? Bad memory, failing motherboard, failing/overtaxed power supply, overheating/failing processor, and even a failing hard drive can cause weird, random issues.

It could still be software, but not knowing exactly what it could be and the issues being so odd in nature, it's literally needle-in-haystack territory.

Based on the other random issues you've experienced, have you considered possible hardware causes for the glitchiness? Bad memory, failing motherboard, failing/overtaxed power supply, overheating/failing processor, and even a failing hard drive can cause weird, random issues.

It could still be software, but not knowing exactly what it could be and the issues being so odd in nature, it's literally needle-in-haystack territory.

I doubt it is anythng hardware related. I just built this machine with all new components. Plus, everything else works perfectly. I do a lot of heavy video editing using After Effects and other NLEs. I am pretty sure it is user error.

Back