Recommendation for DAWbox or other needed

helmutcranberry

Sonar 3 will force me to buy a whole new system. Considering Dell, but I don't want all the other junk they throw on the system. I ran across DAWbox.com in web searches but I'm leary of companies I've never heard of, yet I'm intrigued: 1) Has anyone here used them here and what was your experience. 2) Are there other companies you can recommend to build a quality DAW system.

helmutcranberry said:
Sonar 3 will force me to buy a whole new system. Considering Dell, but I don't want all the other junk they throw on the system. I ran across DAWbox.com in web searches but I'm leary of companies I've never heard of, yet I'm intrigued: 1) Has anyone here used them here and what was your experience. 2) Are there other companies you can recommend to build a quality DAW system.

The guy that owns that company is a regular poster at audioforums.com (DAWBoxPro). To tell you the truth, I don't think I'd buy a system from him based on his conduct on that forum lately...

I had been building my own systems for the last 10 years. Last year I did my research and bought a vprMatrix system from Best Buy. Its their OEM brand and its actually quite well built. No proprietary components like Compaq or Dell and they don't skimp either. My system came with an Intel motherboard, onboard RAID, 6 USB 2.0 ports and 2 Firewire. Very good system for the money.

www.vprmatrix.com

If you don't want to build it yourself, maybe see about getting a local shop to do it. You can hand-pick the parts, and even get advice from the shop in the area of compatibility, etc. I'll bet you could get a fire-breathin' computer together for not much cash outlay. Also, if something should go weird, you've got the shop to take it back to for repair.

>>>deepseasquid

dawbox.com

I bought a bare bones system from Dawbox.com about 6 months ago and I must say that I was very pleased with my purchase. Justin (I think he owns the company) was my contact and he couldn't have been more helpful. Unless they've completely fallin apart lately I would definately use them again.

FL

I will second acid rocks comment. I purchased from Scott at www.advanceddesignky.com. He not only knows his stuff, but is 100% willing to stand behind it. He helped me on a Saturday night on the phone when I had some trouble getting my Q10's to run initially.

I have built 3-4 computers for home use, friends and family and I could have bought the parts and built it myself for less money, but in the end buying from Scott was the right thing for me to do.

Great guy, very fair prices, and the shit worked.

I was recording on it 5 days from when I ordered it from him!

This guy (Jim Roseberry) is a very frequent contributor to the Sonar newsgroup. He seems to be held in pretty high regard.

I can't vouch for him firsthand, since I've never actually bought anything, but I don't think I would have any qualms. At least you might want to get a price quote.

http://www.studiocat.com/

Back