Real Player, Winamp or WM Player?

Paul881

Look Mom, I can play!
All of a sudden, playing back my CD's via either of my DAW CDR/CDRW's is like listening to a radio thats full of white noise. All my MIDI, Audio and recording software plays back fine but my CD's sound terrible. I recently upgraded to the latest winamp and it played CD's back okay after that. (Once I had figured how to get my system to read the CD's digitally)

I recently installed some USB software for my keyboard which inluded a load of unwanted software so I have uninstalled all of that but it hasn't cured the problem. I uninstalled winamp and re-installed it and that didn't cure it either.

I have a 450 meg PII with win 98, 760meg ram, a delta 66+omni plus a s/blaster Live! with all its outputs muted except midi (I only use it for the midi interface). There are no analogue output connections from my CD players to my soundcards so it reads the CD's digitally. This morning I was getting stuttering on CD playback as well but that seems to have cleared with the software re-installing etc that I did.

So now I'm wondering whether or not to try some other media player. Your advice is eagerly awaited!:)

:D :D :D You must have read my mind cos me and wifey had a discussion along the very same lines last night:D I can report some progress on the matter this morning, however, talks have reached a delicate stage...... but are continuing.:)

Incidently, what software do you use to play back CD's? Windows Media Player?

FWIW, Paul, I use Windows Media Player, but mostly because it comes with the OS, not because I feel it is any better than any of the other options. I have recently been making a deliberate attempt to limit the number of programs I install. Seems like the more stuff I have installed, the more problems that crop up.

BTW, did you get that computer from some archeological dig? Wow, guys, look what I found - a PII!! You'll recall the Mayans stopped using these about the time they learned to forge metal. Over here you'll find the instruction manual carved into that cave wall. :)

Dachay wrote:

BTW, did you get that computer from some archeological dig?
Jingle bells, Jingle bells, Jingle all the way, how much fun it is to ride on .....my new DAW computer wifey says I can have for Christmas:D

I am seriously researching the matter as we speak....:rolleyes:

Back