PRV/Session Drummer Audio Issue in Sonar 6 Producer

Scottgman

Legend in Own Mind
I'm using Sonar 6 Producer.

I've got a project with 2 midi tracks and their accompanying audio tracks/soft synths. One MIDI track is for Session Drummer and the other is for Absynth. I've thought everything configured properly-- I can hear the audio on playback for both MIDI tracks just fine. I have gone into PRV and drawn notes for both MIDI tracks. Everything was working just like I want.

I was editing the drums the other night with no problems. This morning I go to edit some of the drum notes in PRV and I cannot hear any sound when I click on the PRV piano keys. If I open up the Session Drummer interface and click on a drum, I can hear the drums just fine. If I playback the song, I can hear the drums. It's just the PRV interface that doesn't seem to be making sound.

If I open the other MIDI track (Absynth) in PRV and click on the PRV piano keys, I can hear the Absynth audio. It seems to me to be a priority issue. Like the Absynth MIDI track is getting audio engine priority over the Session Drummer MIDI track. That's just my un-educated guess-- I'm pretty MIDI illiterate.

Any help would be appreciated!

Well, I'm sure you have run the audio engine. Anyway, it also happens sometime to me with Session Drummer (on Sonar 8.5)... I'm not sure what's going on, but I need to re-program my Session Drummer (that's it, re-load the patch) to make it sound in PRV after saving, closing, and re-opening the project... I guess it has something to do with the Session Drummer rather than the Sonar :)

Thanks James... that worked.

I deleted the Session Drummer plug-in, saved the project, closed Sonar, opened the project, inserted Session Drummer plug-in and viola... I have Session Drummer audio in PRV.

The obsessive-compulsive side of me is dying to know why this is happening (and how to prevent it)... but as long as I have a solution I guess I can move on my life.

Thanks again!

Back