Pro Audio 9/ fade in/ fade out

M Havlen

I want to use the fade in and fade out feature in PA9. All I want to do is fade in or out on the first or last say 15 seconds of a tune. The options in the edit menu are "linear fade in or out " "exponential fade in or out" and inverse exponential fade in or out. None of these options seem to do that. I would think fading in or out the way i mentioned above ( the first or last few seconds of a tune ) would be the most usefull preset. All the presets seem to want to start fading the song half way through ( I'm not sure when you'd need it to do that.) Anyway, I guess I'm missing something here.

I personally haven't used PA9, so I don't know if you can do this, but have you looked at placing a volume envelope on the main bus and using it to 'fade out' the song?

Porter

Porter said:
I personally haven't used PA9, so I don't know if you can do this, but have you looked at placing a volume envelope on the main bus and using it to 'fade out' the song?

Porter
My recollection is that you couldn't use envelopes on the Mains in PA9. Only on the tracks.

The way I recall doing it was to put a volume envelope on each individual track. Then place a node on the same place in every track at the point you want to start the fade, and another node at the same place on every track where you want the fade to end. Then drag the second node all the way down to the bottom of the track.

Back