Panning dropouts on mono channels

Win Hauser

I am recording through a single mic to Sonar X3 Producer. The mic is recording on interface left channel. How come
when playing back and mixing I cant get sound to pan right. It cuts out if I move the pan knob right?

I solved this once before but forgot what I did,

This is killing me... any help

You are probably recording to the left side of a stereo track. The pan knob then acts as a balance control which just turns down the left channel when you turn the knob to the right. Set your track up as a mono channel and record your mono source to that and it should work correctly.

So they are stereo tracks? In the 'bounce to track' options, pick 'mono', or 'split mono' in the 'channel format'. Zero out all the track controls if you don't want them being applied to the bounce. Use 'tracks' as the source category' if you don't want settings on the buses being applied too.

..and don't record 'stereo :rolleyes: :D

Great solution but didn't solve the issue the new tracks also cannot pan right, just a volume drop, arrrrr..

Huh? What solution if it doesn't fix the problem?

So knowing what you know now... what is the problem! Are you (still??) recording mono inputs to stereo tracks?

Before recording with one mike, select the either the left or right channel under the audio tracks input select to correspond to what ever channel you are plugged into

from the manual:

I only get one side of my guitar or microphone recorded

You may be recording a mono signal through a stereo input. Guitars and microphones produce
mono signals. Click the tracks Input control and select the appropriate side of your stereo pair, either
left or right as opposed to stereo.

Also, make sure you don't have a mono adapter going into the Line-in and that you have the Left
side of your sound card (mono) chosen for input in SONAR.

Hope this helps,
Dwarf

Back