no metronome output

mark skinner

I've lost all metro. output from all my sonar programs. Currently running le8.5 on win7 pro 64 with i5 and 16g ram Lenove ssd. UA-4fx interface. I can't find anything wrong in my settings. No audio or midi output. This has happened before and couldn't figure it out. Had to reinstall win and all my programs after major blue screen crash. Every thing worked fine for awhile.. Any idea's ???

Does your audio interface work otherwise? Can you record and playback tracks from within Sonar?

I'm not having any other problems recording . I record or edit daily. I also have sonar 7. Not working there either .. I ran Reaper for awhile metronome worked fine in it . I thought this may rule out my interface.. Maybe not... As far as volume in preferences are you talking about metronome settings ?? Thanks .. Mark

As far as volume in preferences are you talking about metronome settings ?? Thanks .. Mark

Yes, he's referring to the midi/metronome settings in Sonar's main preferences menu.

If you output your metronome as midi to the sound interface make sure the sound interface is still selected/available in the midi settings.

Sonar X3 looks like this for metronome

I think I attached it correctly.

Timbo

Attachments

• metronome.jpg
    metronome.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 3
My settings look good. Thanks for the screen shot.. Im going to hook up my old XP pc and check all my settings there , with my interface hooked up. PS. I checked out your new album.. Love the Bowie feel .. Great Job ! Thanks .. Mark

I've lost all metro. output from all my sonar programs. Currently running le8.5 on win7 pro 64 with i5 and 16g ram Lenove ssd. UA-4fx interface. I can't find anything wrong in my settings. No audio or midi output. This has happened before and couldn't figure it out. Had to reinstall win and all my programs after major blue screen crash. Every thing worked fine for awhile.. Any idea's ???

Sounds like a routing issue. I would review that part of it to see if it is miss-routed to a cue or monitoring buss you are not using in your project.

Back