Need help

TommyMartini

Hi everyone never been on a forum before but need information i got the tascam 1800 running thru sonar x2 im trying to record a drumset with 8 mics its a big double bass DW kit..but i can only record 2 tracks it has left right and stereo on my inputs..how do i go about getting all mics to separate tracks? Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi everyone never been on a forum before but need information i got the tascam 1800 running thru sonar x2 im trying to record a drumset with 8 mics its a big double bass DW kit..but i can only record 2 tracks it has left right and stereo on my inputs..how do i go about getting all mics to separate tracks? Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Not familiar with the 1800 but plenty here are and love 'em!

Don't care for Sonar either (! great help IB so far) but in almost all DAW software you need to setup the number of inputs and outputs you need as a "project". You would set up 8+ mono tracks.

More (much more!) informed help will be here soon I will bet.

Dave.

Yes, there must be a way to setup all 16 inputs from the Tascam in Sonar.

Sorry, I am not familiar with the software. :(

This will be a question for Sonar users.

I see you posted there also. I will merge the threads.

Please refrain from posting the same question in multiple forums. It is not allowed.

your manual should walk you thru how to use the digital mixer to route the channels.
this is not a sonar issue.

---------- Update ----------

try asking here:
Cakewalk Forums

Hi! I use Sonar and have the Tascam US-1800.

When you select an input from you channel in Sonar you can select channel:

Left mic 1
Right mic 1
Stereo mic 1

ect. ect. for each input on the Tascam.

Left mic is input 1 on the US-1800
Right mic is input 2 on the US-1800
and Stereo is inputs 1 & 2 combined to make a stereo track.

So Left 3 would be input 3 on the US-1800
and Right 3 would be input 4 on the US-1800
Stereo 3 would be a combination of inputs 3 & 4 on the US-1800 to make a stereo track.

Ect, ect.

I hope this helps.

Yeah i seem to have got that part but its not listing left 3 or right 3 just three option left. right and stereo ...what version of sonar are you running?

Back