my audio is skipping during playback ...help?

daveymul

hi all,having a small problem hope someone can help me with.i have 2 soundcards installed on my pc one is the intergrated card which came with the pc and the other one is an emu 0404 audio card i installed myself. i am using sonar 3 and what i am doing is outputting midi through my pc card to a mixer then into my audio card to create audio tracks of my midi.the problem is when i playback my recorded audio its hopping and skipping and is going out of time with other audio tracks i have recorded.any one got any ideas on how to stop this happening?

hey Davey I don't know about the answer to this but I see this alot on the Cakewalk company board. Do a search for 'skip' 'skipping' and you'll see alot of talk about it.
In my limited knowledge, I'd say its related to playback buffers and Latency. but really go look at this place. Good luck

http://www.cakewalk.com/forum/tt.asp?forumid=5

The first thing I would do is get rid of or disable the PC soundcard. The cards aren't clock-locked togather, and there's no way they will be, even two 0404 cards can't be locked togather.

Back