The morons at Universal Audio...

tubedude

They release a DSP based card with the best reverbs and compressor plug ins known to man right now, and it will run tons of eq's and all the fun shit at very low latencies, but they make it for VST only. One vendor. Steinberg. I emailed them and they mailed back and said they have no intention of releasing a directx compatible version (I guess they don't like making money, morons, sheesh) BUT, they said they are testing it with the VST to directX wrappers and will post something soon. Adding a wrapper will probably only add latency.
Damnit.
"I'm Universal Audio, and I don't want YOUR money, who in their right mind would use anything with directx? We don't want to support pond scum, so please go away Cakewalk, Sonar and all you other losers"
Morons.

So is VST a way bigger market than direct-x, or do you suppose it just costs to much to do both?

They are both big markets, but I think that dx is a pretty huge market considering Cakewalk, Sonar, (N-track?) SAW and whatever else uses directX. Waves seems to think so, they make ALL of thier shit for DX, MAS, TDM, RTAS and VST. Oh well, I emailed them and pissed them off I think, said they were stupid. I'm on the rag today or something.

Back