midi records on audio track

gweekster

Happy new year all,
I have sonar 4 with an m audio 24/96 card.
My problem is, I loaded the tts soft synth and recorded a drum track. When I try to record an audio track the midi track is there also. I think it's just a click away but I can't figure it out.
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options --> Global --> General tab. Then uncheck "Allow MIDI recording without an Armed track".

Otherwise, don't arm MIDI track while recording audio track.

fixed?

;)
Jaymz

Argo,
ThanX but it looks like the same problem happens with audio tracks also.
I cannot record one track at a time. I'm thinking it may be my m audio 24/96 soundcard set up but I can't make any possitive changes. Starting to piss me off!!! I just want to get these songs out of my head!

This sounds like what the SB Live terms as "What U Hear." It's a setting that pipes everything passing through the soundcard's audio output stream into the audio input stream.

The Audiophile has a similar capability. Don't have one on my computer, but I'm sure one of the many Audiophilers on this board can help you.

If AlChuck's got the problem pinpointed, here's how I believe the 'What U Hear' business translates for an Audiophile 2496:

For my track input, I can select [Left, Right, or Stereo] M-Audio Delta ASIO Analog In or Mixer In. If you select Mixer In and set it up in the M-Audio Control Panel Patchbay/Router so that output goes to the Monitor Mixer, then that will give you this "What U Hear" behavior. This is how I have mine set up. Anyway, just select the Analog In instead, you should be all set.

HTH :)
-Jeff

Back