Metronome is off beat

I am really confused and never had this issue before. I am running Sonar Platinum with a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40. At the most basic level, I am having a problem. As a test, I create a new project in 4/4 time and enable the metronome. I then play a vsti simple 1/4 notes for one measure, right along with the metronome and when I play back, the notes are all 1/2 beat away from the click. So, if I play on the 1 - 2 - 3 - 4, it records. When I play back, the click and the notes I played are off. If I look at the events, all of the notes are on the :480 and not on the :000. Of course, this makes it impossible to work with. Any suggestions why this is happening? I am listening through headphones because I thought that would eliminate latency. What would cause this to happen. It sounds great while recording the notes.

I also notice that when playing back, the notes I play are earlier than the click. How is it possible to play before measure 1 beat 1? That makes no sense.

I just built this system and it includes an i7 cpu, 32 GB ram, SSDs, etc. Performance should definitely NOT be an issue. Thanks.

Last edited:
Once again, no responses and once again, I got it to work by changing a value in Sonar from 250 to 20 (I think it was some delay setting). All good. Now for another thread.

Back