m-audio firewire 2 in 4 out - question

woodsglen

I'm using sonar x3 with a m-audio external firewire audiophile 2 in 4 out.

If I set all outputs to master or L&R 1,2 with an addictive drums track ( from midi file ) everything is rock solid in sync. all other audio tracks were recorded from midi out to hardware synth and recorded as audio one track at a time.- they are all in sync.

Like i mentioned, everything is fine as long as the addictive drums track is on Master out ( which is going to line out stereo 1,2.

I want to send 4 channels of audio to my mixer ( so bass and drums can be sent out on line 3 and 4 so I can use aux send to monitor for choir.

The problem is - unless the addictive drums track is on Master it is out of sync.
this problem is only on the addictive drums track.

i can send my bass to line 3 or 4 out and no sync problems -just the addictive drums track drifts ( or gets shifted in the time line some how.

one observation, I have my internal audio and m-audio available for output. If i check ( bass track - for example) output on a channel for m-audio's output 3 or 4 ( to use 4 line outputs for example) , apply and close properties, when I go back to properties, anything associated with m-audios output 3 or 4 are now checked including stereo out. ( but on my mixer - it sounds like the original channel ( 3 for example) is the only channel the audio is routed to.

sorry for a long post but want to provide information that may be relevant.

Anybody have any experience with the audiophile?
what could be causing this?
EditQuoteReply

These computer issues are hit and miss....in Sonar under preferences see what timing master could be switched around, although my card shows either output 1/2 or 3/4 can't hurt to try.

Some time ago, my Sonar would step out of sync if the midi count in was higher then zero, such a four ticks then everything would start out of time.

Last but not least is the internal sound card, I normally disable them in BIOS with no drivers installed,,,,,however if could be a pain if your computer is a lappy and you want portability......last resort......I take it you are using either WDM drivers or ASIO and not the sluggish MME on the pannel for audiophile also Sonar

Sonar X# and the M-audio fireware audopphile.

These computer issues are hit and miss....in Sonar under preferences see what timing master could be switched around, although my card shows either output 1/2 or 3/4 can't hurt to try.

Some time ago, my Sonar would step out of sync if the midi count in was higher then zero, such a four ticks then everything would start out of time.

Last but not least is the internal sound card, I normally disable them in BIOS with no drivers installed,,,,,however if could be a pain if your computer is a lappy and you want portability......last resort......I take it you are using either WDM drivers or ASIO and not the sluggish MME on the pannel for audiophile also Sonar

Hi, thanks for taking the time to help me out. I was not having any luck on the sonar forums with this topic so I guess not many people are using external fire-wire.

I think you hit on something when you mentioned the drivers... I used the default drivers after sonar searched all of my hardware and that turned out to be the MME drivers that I'm using. I guess that is to use all of the hardware ( including the internal card)?

I'll go into sonar and set my drivers for WDM or ASIO and experiment with that. thanks for the help . It'll be a little while before i set that back up but I'll post the results.

thanks again.

Wayne

Back