Lost Audio Card HELP !! Long

malcolm123

Hello All,
I switched my internals from one pc to another and lost all audio selections in Sonar 2.0. I spent 8 hours yesterday in the studio trying to get sonar to just show me my audio drivers which has never been a problem for me. After thinking about it last night I switched the original internals back to the original MOBO.

I started thinking that as long as I have been using this setup I have never had this much of a problem with any cakewalk product and my audio card. SO I started thinking imcompatibility with the new MOBO. I will try it in the studio again when I can hook the interface back up, but here goes the difference. Tell me if you see what could have been killing me.

OLD config
Asus MOBO ( Intel Chipsets )
Intel CPU P3 1000
Motu 2408 MKI with the lastest drivers
Never had too many problems with this config.

New Config
AMD XP 1600+
Elite Group MOBO ( with ITC (I think) Chipsets)
Moto 2408 MKI with the lastest drivers
everything worked fine with this config except sonar not seeing the audio drivers. Wavelab would see the Motu and playback just fine on any of the Motu channels.

Sonar would see the drivers but kept telling me that they were in use or not compatible with the current bit/rate etc. It would give me the use them anyway options but I could never select a input nor output for any audio track. But,, I could go to the audio options and see where the motu channels were in the drivers section. It has never too all of this for it to work so Im thinking incompatibility.

I have been using this setup for years even on different systems , but the only difference this time is the AMD CPU and non Intel chipset.

any ideas ?

Oh, I did add a new Video card too. I installed a Matrox G55. ( could be that which I will check today also.

Im just putting in a CRY for Help post before I go back in there and waste another whole day.

( Yeah, disabled all onboard audio, lan, etc)

Thanks

Malcolm

What OS? Same on both systems?

Also, did you mean Sonar 2.0, or 2.2? I'm wondering if perhaps you have ASIO drivers for your sound card, which Sonar could not use until ver. 2.2. (Of course, that wouldn't explain why they worked in the old system.)

Have you checked the box in Sonar to "share drivers."

Also, you might try reducing the audio card and project bit depth to 16 bits, just to see if it works under that condition. If it does, you can then try raising it back to 24 and see if you continue to have problems.

Just some thinking out loud. I don't see an obvious answer to the problem, but I wouldn't suspect incompatibility with the MoBo - particular if the card works in other software.

Thanks Man !!

Im in the studio now and basically I am getting the same thing.

The OS 's were the same Win98se.

I just put the original system back to where it was by simply removing the new video card and wireless nic and still the same thing. I haven't really tried the share driver sthing yet because I have never really used it before. I will try that also.

In the meantime, I have renamed the old OS and installing a fresh one without any peripherals installed. Then I will reinstall the Motu driver and just sonar 2.0. I havent applied the patches to get to 2.2 yet. If I get the same thing then I will go from there. If It works, then I rename the new OS and rename the old one back to windows and check the share drivers options to see what I get. Wierd though.

and no Asio drivers. just WME.

Thanks and keep thinking if you could.

Im looking real bad right now . LOL

Malcolm

dachay2tnr said:
What OS? Same on both systems?

Also, did you mean Sonar 2.0, or 2.2? I'm wondering if perhaps you have ASIO drivers for your sound card, which Sonar could not use until ver. 2.2. (Of course, that wouldn't explain why they worked in the old system.)

Have you checked the box in Sonar to "share drivers."

Also, you might try reducing the audio card and project bit depth to 16 bits, just to see if it works under that condition. If it does, you can then try raising it back to 24 and see if you continue to have problems.

Just some thinking out loud. I don't see an obvious answer to the problem, but I wouldn't suspect incompatibility with the MoBo - particular if the card works in other software.

Looks like a corrupted Windows98 SE

Its working now with the fresh install and I am testing it as I had hardware.

Malcolm

Back