LiveSynth and Soundfont... and JV1010

4ever

I'm sort of getting there (I hope) :o
LiveSynthPro is just a software synthesizer that plays soundfonts, correct? So when you buy LiveSynthPro from livesynth.com you're not getting any soundfont, but just the softsynth "box"? You have to buy the real sounds from sonicimplant.com, right? Hmmm... they're quite expensive, you know. :mad:

Initially, I thought once I get LiveSynthPro installed my JV1010 would just be sittin on top of my desk, takin up space, no signal no blinking red light...

Yeah, there are many good Sound Fonts at those sites.

Do you really think that Sonic Implants stuff is expensive? Seems fairly reasonable to me, expecially compared to sound sets for Gigasampler, Akai, and other such samplers.

Share your favorite soundfonts...

Thank you moskus for the links, and AlChuck for the reply.

Do you really think that Sonic Implants stuff is expensive? Seems fairly reasonable to me, expecially compared to sound sets for Gigasampler, Akai, and other such samplers. [/B]

I was expecting the whole set of soundfonts for "just $99" or something like that. But now you have so many choices to pick from and pay for individually (in the SonicImplant case). Look at the drums selections, for example. Don't you want them all, I mean :D After you picked what you wanted (that's all of them) you are talking about hundreds of dollars. :eek:

So can you all share your favorite picks, Sonic Implants or not?
That'll help me decide which ones to buy/download :D

My only concern with free fonts is some of the soundfonts packages are executable (.exe) files. Another thing! since soundfonts generally reside in RAM, shouldn't a user be mindful about viruses and such?

I've never bought soundfronts from Sonic Implants, because I've found everything I've been looking for for free!

Check out GoldDrums.sf2. That's an excellent piece of sounds... (IMHO, anyway).

I'm still looking for great orchestra soundfonts, especially strings. Most that I've found sound like a synth. I had a good sf-bank, but lost it during a reformat (my god, I was stupid), and I've never found it again. Any suggestions?

Oh, and one more thing:

Most free soundfonts are "zipped" with sfArk or SFPack. You'll find SFPack here and sfArk here .

Just purchased LiveSynthPro BUT......

I just purchased LiveSynthPro online. But after the installation (with much excitment to use a legit program) it's not found on the synth rack. LiveSynthPro Demo (which I previously installed) also disappeared from the rack. What's happening???

Hey,...why are you putting your JV1010 away? I use it and am quite happy with it. Do softsynths outperform hard synths?

Do softsynths outperform hard synths?
In some (if not most) of the cases, I think so. Much easier to cinfigure.

just purchased LiveSynthPro online. But after the installation (with much excitment to use a legit program) it's not found on the synth rack. LiveSynthPro Demo (which I previously installed) also disappeared from the rack. What's happening???
Using cracks, are we? My oh my.... I will not get into that debate now, but you can try to reinstall Livesynth, and if that's not working, reinstall Sonar without the LiveSynth demo.

Problem solved???

I installed LSP on a different machine and sonar was able to see it. The difference between the first and the second machine is memory: 128k vs. 256k. I think that's why.

As for the free sound fonts. I downloaded a few pianos and tried them but din't like them much. I have to dig further to get the real gems. I know there're some. I understand downloading free stuff is a hard work. :D

moskus said:
In some (if not most) of the cases, I think so. Much easier to cinfigure.

Using cracks, are we? My oh my.... I will not get into that debate now, but you can try to reinstall Livesynth, and if that's not working, reinstall Sonar without the LiveSynth demo.

Since when does a softsynth out perform a H/W synth??!?! H/W synth sounds WORLDS better then most software synth's, though soundfonts are sorta of an exception cuz they are sample of H/w gear...

Back