Lean Clean Audio Folder

mark4man

MoonMix Studios
Crew,

Any way to direct the Clean Audio Folder function to only scan a single drive (in my case...my audio drive)?

Not really necessary to check out all the Windows systems folders & 'My Documents' & other unnecessary locations.

Thanks,

mark4man

Why not scan everything...? Trojan could be anywhere, eh? :eek:

:D

Seriously, Cakewalk Audio Finder application will give you better control :) It's on the installation CD, or free download @ cakewalk's public ftp :)

;)
Jaymz

Jaymz has ya covered...

Do you have a LOT of data in the WaveData folder? I mean like +20Gigs... If so, let me know if you think that the CWAF tool is slow.

Ciao,

Q.

mark4man said:
Crew,Any way to direct the Clean Audio Folder function to only scan a single drive (in my case...my audio drive)? mark4man

For the longest time I assumed it was checking all the drives for audio data that goes with the project. Now I think it's looking for CWP's.
With raw data backups plus daily up-date/saves of the CWP's on two drives, I notice it really only cleans that one currently assigned folder. But it won't clean anything out until all of the extra CWP's are removed, or presumably those tracks are deleted from all of them.
..maybe to cover us if we do save-as' or if projects are sharing files.
:o :D

Thanks friends...

Never really liked the CWAF tool...never seemed to work for me. It's either extremely slow on my box (as Q suggested), or not running correctly, or something.

I really prefer the Clean Audio Folder function, but was hoping maybe it could be configured in the .INI file...whereby the drives to be searched would be somehow listed; & then just the unwanted drive could be deleted.

But that type of programming is probably hard coded I guess; & can't be touched.

Oh well.

Thanks again,

mark4man

Back