Kontakt (SSD) hates Sonar's Vintage Channel

maximusbs

Brad Smith Music
Since I bought SSD it has been causing Sonar to crash when I try to introduce the Vintage Channel compressor plugin to my vocal track. I know, it sounds weird since the two don't seems related. I've done several sonar re-installs- no help. I'm going to try to get to the bottom of this....

Since I bought SSD it has been causing Sonar to crash when I try to introduce the Vintage Channel compressor plugin to my vocal track. I know, it sounds weird since the two don't seems related. I've done several sonar re-installs- no help. I'm going to try to get to the bottom of this....

Vintage channel is a massive resource hog.I have an older computer and just gave up on it.

Yes, as it turns out, it was probably a memory issue. I increased the load memory within Kontakt SSD and that seems to solve the issue for now. I find that when using SSD, I need to get the drum track written first, freeze the synth, then work on the rest of the song. I'm used to EZ drummer that loads like 8 instruments, whereas SSD loads hundreds for one kit!

Back