Installing ONLY Session Drummer 2 from SONAR 7 disc...HOW...???

mark4man

MoonMix Studios
folks...

1) I need to install Session Drummer 2...from the SONAR 7 disc...on my machine...so I can use it in SONAR XI (not so fond of SD3).

anyway...tried this myself...seemed simple enough...but I couldn't seem to find anything on the SONAR 7 disc relative to a 'setup.exe'

2) had done this a few months back...but I think the plug-in got corrupted somehow...SONAR XI now doesn't see it; & plug-in manager isn't helping...which is why I want to go the reinstall route...BUT...i really need to get SD2 back...because...in a particular earlier project...I had tweaked the levels of some individual drums; & it was *perfect* for the track.

now...because it is still listed as a synth in the rack...(even tho it won't engage due to this problem)...does that mean SONAR saved those settings...so that when I get SD2 back they'll still be there...???

thanx,

mark4man

The easiest is to just install Sonar 7 again. Have both Sonar 7 and X1 installed. (Sonar 7 isn't that big). Just pay attention to where it installs. You will need to point X1 to the right place. Once done, X1 will recognize your original settings in that project.

everything is back...including original project SD2 settings...!!!

(reinstalled SONAR7...but unckecked everything except for SessionDrummer 2).

thanx,

mark4man

Back