HSXL2004 Drag/Drop alignment issue

VTmosaic

When I attempt to paste a clip from one track to another, it snaps to the left too far. This happens whether I copied or cut the source clip.

I have been using HSXL2004 for almost a year now, so I'm not exactly a newbie. This problem has only recently started occuring!!! Maybe it's SP2 (XP Pro is my OS). Or maybe I'm doing things I never really did before, but not realizing it.

Here's what the Help says about the paste dialog options, which does NOT match the reality in my program:

"Align to Measures
This option is greyed out unless you choose at least two repetitions in the Repetitions field. Choosing this option tells Home Studio to slide the old data up to the next measure line, regardless of whether the new data fills the space up to the next measure. "

It says that the Align to Measures option should be greyed out unless I am pasting multiple reps, which I am most definitely NOT doing. However, in my Paste dialog box, the Align to Measures greys out if I select "Blend Old with New." It doesn't seem to care how many repetitions I'm asking to paste.

I am trying to create compilation tracks from multiple takes. I clone one of the takes' track without the events, so all the track properties are the same. Then, I listen a few bars at a time to each of the takes and select the best of them for that phrase. I copy and paste into the compilation track.

When I first start a new track, it works just fine. But, as I progress, HS suddenly starts snapping my pasted clip about 1 quarter note too far to the left. Worse, I can't simply drag it over to its proper place. No matter what I do, it will snap to ANYPLACE BUT the place I want it to! Sometimes, If I keep dragging it to the place I want it to drop and retrying, sometimes it will finally drop into the right place. Sometimes, if I crop the beginning of the clip after I first drop it (and it snaps too far left), I can get it to snap into something close to the right place. But it's not, because when I solo the destination and the source together, its phasing, so it's been moved ever so slightly from where the original hit the measure!

This happens regardless of whether I have the "snap to" enabled or not! It stills snaps over to the left, about 1 quarter note.

There is a tempo change, but I am copying clips from the same area... they all have exactly the same tempo change at the same place, so I don't think that's the problem. Except that... oddly, the verses are no problem, I can drag and drop with ease, so sweet. But when I hit the area with the tempo change... that's when it gets crazy. So maybe it is something to do with that?

I'm at my wit's end. Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer.

Last edited:
Back