How do I get all my plug-in to work with Sonar Professional.

raywon

Studio 1784
My set up:
ASUS Lap top X200CA(8 gig Ram)/External Hard drive(1 TB)/Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio Interface/VoiceTone Harmony-G-XT/Sonar Professional, Sound Forge 10/Monitors- M-Audio 8” 3 way/AKG Large Diaphragm Condenser Mic/ Gator Dual Pop Filter/ Auralex Vocal Mic Isolation Shield/Shure Closed Monitor Headphones/M-Audio 49-Key MIDI Controller.

Last edited:
What's exactly the issue? Are all of them missing, only a few of them missing? Were you using them in a previous version of Sonar and recently upgraded? Are you trying to run 32bit plugins in 64bit Sonar?

I just bought the Sonar Professional I'm running 64 bit but I have plug-in's which came with the program I upload them individually and they are missing along with my sound forge 10 plug in's.

You need to do a plugin RESET (important!) followed by a RESCAN

Also, make sure wherever the dll is located for each plugin is referenced in the plugin mananger's paths

I just bought the Sonar Professional I'm running 64 bit but I have plug-in's which came with the program I upload them individually and they are missing along with my sound forge 10 plug in's.

The SF10 plugins probably won't work, I believe they're 32bit.

It's possible some of those 'plugins that came with the program' are actually listed somewhere else, either as soft synths (VSTi) or under a folder you haven't looked in.

To view all your plugins you should still be able to use these instructions:

Cakewalk - Knowledge Base - How to View All Installed Plug-ins in SONAR

You may need to add folders to the list for the cakewalk plugin manager to find and index them. If you install plugins to individual install folders you have to add each one. Most of the time they're in c:\program files and program files(x86)\VST or something like that, a common VST folder. But when installing software you can override this and that's where you need to tell Cakewalk where to look.

To insert soft synths:

Cakewalk - SONAR X3 Documentation - Inserting soft synths

Your plugins should be listed under add-effects when inserting the plugin/VST to a track.

Back