Hey moskus...

MenT-aL said:
And while I am on the topic (I am on a role) What is the best method of 'pasting' in audio and looping it so that you don't get that annoying 0.01 of a second space in between loops .. ( when pasting you have the option to insert it at the exact point, but when you choose to insert it about 10 times, an anoying 0.01 second break occurs and wrecks the whole beat! (I know 0.01 second isn't really anything but hey I'm a perfectionist!, or atleast I like to think of myself as one...)
Thanks, I needed that kiss! :D

I've never noticed the 0.01 second space between loops. Are you shure you're cutting right?

Hehe, cheers for the picture James Argo, it's just picture crazy this thread! I'll have to try the demo I think for that Guitar Pro.

I forgot to mention, I am using Cakewalk Guitar Tracks (not even 2 but version 1.02!!) It was a freebie with my J-Station :D anyway.... to cut; I am selecting the desired clip, copying, then pasting and when you paste it comes up with the options box, which includes, the specific time you want to insert the clip and how many times you want to insert it. There is a tiny space in between each pasted clip when selecting to paste it in more than once. Maybe i'm imaging it but I can definatley here a tiny break!?!?!?! Not to worry if this is an unkown problem as it easily fixed, it just means i have to paste it all seperatley (1 at a time) and anyway if guitar pro is better, i'll use that :D

Bare in mind though, I am abit of a cakewalk newb shall we say!

As for the kiss, it was nothing personal, just in a good mood! ;)

aL

L0L @ the 5 star rating....

P.S. Happy Chinese New Year (according to Google)

Bugger, 42 minutes too late!! Oh well, happy belated Chinese New Year (!?!) and yes I have been at the pub :P :P

aL

Guys... how about colaboration working to be put on second HR.COMP CD ? Is this possible ? I mean, it could be any regular "kids" of this Cakey forum or even a new comers... Whadya think ?

Could be fun, James. We would need an original song to work on, though.

I figure I could probably do the hand claps (unless they need to be in time to the music). :)

...well, lets save the hand claps for the audience. :) I've been hanging around in the clinic, and learn the way they coolaborate. DavidK had done one very nice. It could be a ballad song or something (...no hip hop pleeease :D), which gives any contributor a wide chance to add his/her part... I'm thinkin' of kinda like sending the .wrk, .bun, .cwp, .cwb, or whatever over the net. Off course, the final touch will be on your highness Dachay to decide... :D

Widdlefest...

They do this sort of thing over on UK.MUSIC.GUITAR newsgroup. They call it a Widdlefest and I contributed 12 bars to WF3. It's still waiting to be mixed though. I have a suspicion that the mixed version will never see the light of day :(

Why? Simply because there were slow & fast versions, and something like three or four different keys for each version! How do you put that little lot together???:rolleyes:

As an idea it has great merit, but in practical terms it's a nightmare.

The concept is that a backing track in MP3 format is downloaded and converted back to WAV file. The contributer then widdles like crazy over the backing track. The backing track is removed except for a four beat count-in (for synch purposes) and the file converted to MP3 for e-mailing to the guy who does the mixing.

--
BluesMeister

James Argo said:
Guys... how about colaboration working to be put on second HR.COMP CD ? Is this possible ? I mean, it could be any regular "kids" of this Cakey forum or even a new comers... Whadya think ?
I'll go along with that! Sounds like fun... :)

Re: Widdlefest...

BluesMeister said:

The concept is that a backing track in MP3 format is downloaded and converted back to WAV file. The contributer then widdles like crazy over the backing track. The backing track is removed except for a four beat count-in (for synch purposes) and the file converted to MP3 for e-mailing to the guy who does the mixing.

BluesMeister

I've tried this a couple of times with a friend, he's from holland too btw (he recorded his guitarsolos at home on top of a backing track supplied by me, and sent high quality mp3 version of the solos to me). It works. But transatlantic jamming seems even cooler... :)

Why? Simply because there were slow & fast versions, and something like three or four different keys for each version! How do you put that little lot together???

Simple...by telling the others what key it's gonna be in beforehand....and the bpm of course. Or the first one recording decides. Can't go wrong, right?

Widdlefest...

Pedullist said:
Transatlantic jamming seems even cooler... :)

...That would be great tittle of the song!!! I can see it printed on the cover...

Homerecording.Comp #2 :

Track 1 : "Transatlantic Jamming"
Copyright : Cakewalk Forum Colaborators

Track 2 : ......
Written by...

Track 3 : ......
Written by...

Nice shoot Pedullist :)

Thank you...

Btw, is there a thread where we can post links to our own music? I'm curious what kind of stuff you all make!

Back