Help setting up X2 on a 2 drive system

cwhowell2

I've been running Sonar X2a on a laptop and finally got a heavy duty machine. Dell Optiplex 9020 i7 16gb memory with two 1tb hard drives. Anyway, is there anything I should do during installation to utilize both drives or can that be done after installation? And what things should be put on the secondary drive to improve recording and playback performance? Thanks - Bill

Personally, I'd put all my programs ie. Windows & Sonar on your c: drive and use the d: drive for storage. You can set that up in preferences in Sonar after installation.

New Sonar install

Thanks - I also posted over on Scott Garrigus website and got a similar suggestion from him. Now if I could get all my interfaces working. - Bill
Personally, I'd put all my programs ie. Windows & Sonar on your c: drive and use the d: drive for storage. You can set that up in preferences in Sonar after installation.

<<Interfaces>> I basically have only 2, a Roland/Cakewalk A100 keyboard and a Focusrite 8i6. However I use an outboard recorder (DP-24) for recording so I need 6 outputs. The Scarlett 8i6 only provides 4 analog outputs so I had to rig up a digital interface to get channels 5 & 6. Took me a while to get it all working with Sonar which I use only as a MIDI sequencer and soft-synth driver. All recording is done on the Tascam DP-24.

<<Interfaces>> I basically have only 2, a Roland/Cakewalk A100 keyboard and a Focusrite 8i6. However I use an outboard recorder (DP-24) for recording so I need 6 outputs. The Scarlett 8i6 only provides 4 analog outputs so I had to rig up a digital interface to get channels 5 & 6. Took me a while to get it all working with Sonar which I use only as a MIDI sequencer and soft-synth driver. All recording is done on the Tascam DP-24.

As long as you're happy with a ridiculously low track count....................

Back