Has anybody upgraded to Windows 10?

There is a lot of chatter in the business right now about vs. 10, suggesting it has been designed to accommodate
even more advanced spying by the usual suspects

Running Window 10 64-bit with Sonar Platinum Jamaica Plain and about to update to Sonar Platinum Kingston today.
Using Addictive Drums 2 with the inexpensive Alesis DM Lite and it is fully compatible with Platinum.
Using Roland V-Studio 100 Audio Interface/Control Surface is fully supported by Roland for Windows 10 64-bit drivers and Platinum.
I run all of the above on a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 in Microsoft Docking Station with two external 24" touch screen monitors.
Windows 10 64-bit works fine with all applications including Office 365 and Quicken Home & Business.

SURFACE PRO 3 PROBLEM WITH EXTERNAL MONITORS:
There is a problem with the Surface Pro 3 "Intel Video Driver 10.18.15.4256".
The Surface used to lock up with the "Blue Screen of Death" almost every day listing the problem as: video_tdr_failure igdkmd64.sys.
Microsoft did an update about 15 days ago and and I have not had the Blue Screen of Death which is an IMPROVEMENT!
However, the video driver still has a problem and freezes up (for a couple seconds), but recovers and pops up a dialog that video overload occurred.
The reason this happens is stated to be a video overload which ONLY HAPPENS WHEN USING 1-2 EXTERNAL MONITORS.

Last edited:
I've had no issues with Sonar X3, Akai Advance and NI Komplete Audio.

Until this week, when gmail won't load (except in html view) in Chrome or that weird browser, Edge. It's a dumbed down OS, but it's working smoothly for me.

I've been using Win10 for 90 days now, and upgraded SONAR Platinum to Lexington. Could not be happier with its performance.

Back