Drop outs and other Sonar problems

KaosTheory

Why doesn't Sonar just keep playing after a drop out like Vegas does?

Cutting and pasting is really a hassle with Sonar. I took the check off of "Always ask" and it still asks for parameters when cutting and pasting.

Another thing about pasting. If you draw a box around several events on multiple tracks, copy them, then try pasting them somewhere, they all get pasted on top of each other in the same track. How do I maintain the spacing between them so they get pasted exactly like I copied them?

Does anyone use Vegas here? I need to record a guitar amp and I need one mic to be out of phase with the other. Can Vegas to this or is there a plug-in I could use? I could just record it in Sonar, but Vegas is just so much simpler and hassle free to use.

Kaos Theory

the pasting is happening because you are pasting to one track. in the paste specifications there's a checkbox for that, uncheck it. also, make sure that your cursor has selected the top most track in the list of tracks that you are copying/pasting.

one bug i have noticed in sonar:

if you have 5 midi tracks, and the 4th midi track has total silence over the copy/paste points, the 5th track's midi stuff will be pasted on the 4th track.

Oh here is something else. When you draw a box around the events, the events have to be TOTALLY engulfed by the box in order be highlighted. Is there a setting somewhere so I could change it so all you have to do is touch the events with the box.

One more thing. I like the little tools the pop up at the ends of the events for trimming and ramping but the detection area is so small that you have hover around the corner for a while until the ramp tool or trim tool finally appears. Is there an adjustment for that anywhere?

Back