CWPA 9 and midi controller question

SCRILLA

My friend has a Quick Shot midi controller (it's an older one) that were trying to use with Cakewalk Pro Audio 9. The lights on the icon in the system tray light up showing midi activity and we are able to record midi info in Cakewalk but we don't hear any audio upon playback. Does anyone have an idea on how to get sound out the comptuer? do we need to use sound fonts or another method?

Thanx in advance,
Scrilla

to get a sequencer to play back midi files you have to route the midi to a) an external sound module b) a soundcard with onboard sounds (e.g., a SOUNDBLASTER), c) a soft synth. the last is not an option with CAKEWALK PRO AUDIO, so you have to use your soundcard (with onboard synthesizer or soundfonts) or an external sound module...i've never used CAKEWALK PRO AUDIO, but i do have SONAR, which is similar to CPA in some respects...in SONAR i can route my midi tracks to individual outputs....i would think you could do this in CPA as well....if you want to use your soundcard it must have an onboard synthesizer of some type or support soundfonts...is your soundcard enabled as an audio output (this should be under OPTIONS/AUDIO)? have you routed your tracks to your sound card as the output? what kind of sound card are you using?

Back