Copy and pasting tracks to other projects

Vinnydude

Clunge Monster
So, i cam across a quandary today. I want to be able to take a track, with its eq and effects settings and import/paste, i dont' mind how i do it, into a different project.

Am i being stupid because the only way i can think to do it is to paste in the audio and manually input all the settings which is going to be extremley time consuming!!!

Can anyone help me out here please!

Instead of additive editing why not do subtractive (is there such a word as subtractive?)

Why not save the song with another title and then delete what you don't need until you have what you want. Then you shouldn't have to adjust anything, right? Or am I missing something?

After rereading your post, I think I understand now what you're trying to do. Instead of cutting and pasting have you tried the import/export feature under "file?"

...Or get the audio track the way you want it and then bounce and export it to a wav file. Then import it into the other project? Maybe?

(I promise I'm not trying to increase my posts count it's just every time I hit the "submit" button I think of something else.

Hope all this helps

That's good advice.

OR, you can save your project as a "template" which will load all the FX chains and settings any time you call it up.

But i want to almost combine 2 different projects.

I shall divulge...

I've recorded all my drums, and so i could get a good latency when recording bass, i mixed the drums down to a single track.

Now, i've done some work on the bass, but its not final. I want to be able to combine it into my original drums file so i can compress the bass in with the kick and snare on a bus.

Is that any clearer?

I get the feeling, i should just import my bass back into the original project and work on it from there! lol

Sounds like you need to do both things mentioned above. That is, export just your bass track (export it dry though: in the export window, uncheck the FX box). Now you have a dry bass track you can import into your original project.

Save your bass track as a track template. This will save the FX and settings you have, but won't keep the actual bass part.

Now, in your original project open the track template. Now, import the dry bass track you exported and voila, you have copied the exact track to another project!

I did it with the templates, thanks for your help with that.

But you don't need to import export the wav files, just copy and paste :D

Thanks again, you've saved me a good few hours crunching numbers! lol

Back