console view

paresh

Hi - I'm working through the x1 demo...I'm new to Sonar & when I call up the console view, it doesn't fit exactly on the screen & I have to scroll a little bit. The information either at the top or bottom is cut off. This is a big distraction. Am I missing something - is there a way to get it to fit? Thanks.

Hi - Still working with the x1 demo. I see I'm a little under the system requirements. I have an Intel T2250@1.75 ghz 794 mhz & 1 gig ram.
Could this account for the view problem? And can i still use sonar?? It seems OK so far in the demo. Thanks!

It's been a couple of years since I've used Sonar, but I remember having the same question about the view. I think you have to hide sections that you are not working with to get it to fit on your screen. Kind of a pain.

I don't think your computer specs account for the view problem, but you might want to give serious considerations to upgrading your ram. I have a Core2Duo chip also and don't have any problems with audio or HD video. But I also have 8gigs of ram; it'll make a difference.

just seen your 2 week old question ... sounds like your screen resolution is too low .. try it on for example 1280x1024 and at a refresh rate that your monitor supports,should cure your scrolling probs ...

you can also use thin channel strips,but that wont help see the bottom of the sliders ...

you thought about adding a cheap 2nd monitor ? you could pick one up off fleabay,once you got 2 you can never go back to 1 everything is so much easier

Cake' since ProAudio 8, and never seen the benefit to console view.

??? - that's where i mix everything and add plugins/eq/busses.
And I hate having to scroll up to see the "other half" of the channel strip.
I work on a laptop so 1 million resolution won't work for me and tiny fonts suck.

Agreeing with cakewalkKaKed, a second monitor allows you to have the console view on a screen all by itself. I wonder how I ever got along on a single monitor before. You can use the various screen layouts and switch between them with a numeric keypress. But the second monitor certainly frees up your workspace

Back