Changing Tempo After Tracking

I apologize if this should be part of my last thread, but it feels like a different question to me so...
We tracked the tune to an exterior click at 83 bpm. When I change the tempo in Sonar to 83bpm some tracks move. I have 4 tracks that are just a few measures long in the middle of the tune that move ahead like 4 measures after I change the tempo.
Is this just a result of changing tempo after tracking? Am I missing something?
Thanks,
-j

Yes I've seen that happen when I changed tempo on a Sonar project. That first link in the Google search will help.

You could try this: in the original project, (whatever BPM), convert all the wav tracks to full length clips. For example, if you have a "piece" of a track somewhere in the mix, find a piece of recorded silence in another track. Copy a piece of it say 1 measure, then paste it on the front end of the wave track that had nothing recorded in front of it (I'll call that a punch in track) - paste as many "times" from zero to close to the beginning, then using your cursor, hover over the end of the recorded silence track, until the blue bar appears. Grab the blue bar and drag it, pulling it to the beginning of the punch in part. It will cross fade by itself when the two pieces meet.

Then select the track and do "Clips/Bounce to Clips". This should create a full clip from zero to the end of the recorded part. Then select from 01:01:00 to the beginning of the actual sound part of the fixed punch track, and do a gain reduction (Process/Apply Affect/Gain) and push the left gain slider down to the bottom, effectively nuking any room noise his etc that is on the "silent" part you had pasted to the front end.

Repeat on any other punches or parts that don't begin right at the zero mark.

Open a new project and set the new project the the tempo you want (and import the midi / click track and check that it works). Then import all the wav tracks from the previous project (just go into the Audio folder). I usually bounce everything in the old project just a as quick way to determine which track is which.

Although you can work with the info in the google link, you should bounce all your punch ins as shown above (all tracks really) to get one set of full tracks. Then clean your audio folder which cleans up all the old unneeded wav files.

^^^this is seriously convoluted and unnecessary.

To extend the length of any clip back to 01:01:000 just drag hold of the left hand edge and slip-edit it backwards. Done.

Awesome. It all sounds pretty convoluted, I've been biding my time hoping to good short-cuts would come out of the woodwork.
I'm pretty surprised I can't just tell Sonar, "Hey, we recorded this at 83bpm".

Back