Changing speed

close

I am at present using a VS-840 with some pretty good results, But for the first time I had a go at Cakewalk Guitar Pro. Unfortunately when I record audio, the recording seems to slightly change speed up and down, as if I am using vari speed to a slight degree.
No doubt it is most likely down to fine-tuning.
I have a 2.66 GHz processor and 512 RAM.
Is the any software that will setup my PC for the best results?

Also, is there a way to listen to the previously recorded tracks while recording new ones, as in multi tracking
Any Answers to my problems will be most welcome
All the best
John.

You have to provide more details about you system such as soundcard model, OS, drivers, etc.

Listening to the previously recorded tracks while recording new ones is possible with a decent soundcard.

Thanks for the replies
The sound card is just the one that was with the PC it is Avance AC97 Audio. It seems good enough quality. The processor is Pentium 2.6 GHz 512 RAM. 120 GB.
In the near future I will buy a Delta 1010.

I haven’t tried to sync the 840 to cakewalk as yet, but hope that it will work from the midi out on the 840.
The speed change happens when I just record straight audio.

close said:
The sound card is just the one that was with the PC it is Avance AC97 Audio. It seems good enough quality.
Do not trust this card. The quality is poor, and the internal clock is not the best either... That could be the problem.

Back