Cakewalk canot find audio files

rockart

Hi all,
I have and old program, Home Studio 6

I use it quite successfully.
I went to open a track that I have not edited for several years. I got a message saying it cannot find a filename.wav asking do I wish to find it etc
I have found the folder with this and the other wave files in it. How do I 're-associate' the wav files with the track? Should I copy the WaveData folder to the Cakewalk Installation folder or should I copy it to the folder that contains the track or somewhere else or is it not as simple as this? I cannot see the path CW is looking for. It only gives me the file name.
Helpers please??
Many thanks. :)
XP
CAKEWALK HOME STUDIO 9

Don't know that version but does it bring up a page that shows the files it wants and folder it expected to find them in? In some versions if you navigate to that first file, then there should be a box to click on how ref them there, or move them?
The other is there also a 'global audio page where you direct a project to use a specific audio folder? (that's a first step in setting up a new proj, and you might have to choose 'skip the audio files to let it load empty to get to 'global audio.. if it works like other versions.

When Sonar can't find a file, it prompts you for the file with a windows explorer type box. Just use it to navigate to where you found the wavs, click on the file and then on okay?

That used to work for me,
Tim

Thank you.
I need to correct myself.
i can see the path being sought, it is WaveData in the installation folder.
Under global settings the path to audio files ( and everything else) is shown which is as above. Now just to decide whether to copy all those files to the default folder ( don't like storing anything important on the C drive) or change the path under settings to the folder where the audio is.
Anyway i will report back :)

Back