"Bounce to tracks" options not like in the manual. (Sonar2

mixsit

When I do this, the only method for selecting the 'source' tracks are by way of how they are pre-asigned to virtual mains. (Looks like the 'export audio' except the destination is to new tracks, not wav. or mp3 files.) Highlighting/pre-selecting tracks seems to have no bearing at all.
As an example, I highlighted two tracks, then went to edit-bounce to tracks, chose as the destination a v-main that is only used as an external aux-send (it has no tracks asigned directly to it), and all I got in the bounce was a mix of the tracks in that aux-mix.
If that's normal, no problem. I can do the shufling on the tracks' out puts, but it doesn't fit what's in the manual. I even found some posts that said they just had to select the tracks.
????
Thanks!
Wayne

I assume we are talking about the box that pops up when you go to 'edit, 'bounce to tracks'. I don't see (and maybe that's the problem) a 'Mixdown audio' function except in the manual where it refers to ' bounce to tracks'.

The options are;
Destination -new track,
Format -stereo, separate, mono,
Source -Buses
'Mix enables' selections -I have them all checked.

I'm trying to find out why (or if) this is diferent from what others get.

Wayne

To quote dachay2tnr
"Highlight the track, and then select the Edit -> Bounce to Tracks command. From the pop-up window, go to the drop down arrow next to the word Format, and choose Mix to Separate Left and Right Tracks. And Bingo!! "

It just occurred to me that this might be something that changed in rev.2?

Mixit - not sure if I'm understanding your question, but you pick your "source" tracks by clicking on their track number in Track View.

When you click on the track number, the wave portion of the track should become highlighted. If you want to bounce multiple tracks to a new track, you need to hold the control (ctrl) key down while you are selecting the tracks. Whatever is highlighted will now serve as your "source" tracks.

Once you have selected all the tracks that you wish to "bounce", then you go to the Bounce to Tracks command.

Perhaps what is confusing you is the "source bus" window in the dialog box. That box will contain whatever VMain(s) that the selected track(s) are assigned to. In other words, the Bounce to Track command will mixdown whatever it "hears" at that VMain - but only from those Tracks that have been selected as described above.

Hope that helps.

After a couple more attempts, looks like a re-boot helps. Was on and off the program most of the day befor I got to my little test:rolleyes: First few times, printed empty tracks. After shutdown, worked as advertized. Go figure.
Thanks all.

Back