Best multi channel interface for the $$?

yetipur

Hi, I'm thinking of dropping analog 16 track studio( fostex e-16 and matching 16 chan 450 board and picking up digital.

Not sure what program yet though. Anyone have any comments on what a good multi channel( at least 8 chan) interface for the $$$ is?

Also, if I want to run mono and stereo out board rack effects( lexicons for example) to my digiatal recording, does this get run through the interface as well. I'm a noob sorry.

thanx

That's like asking what's the best car for the money. Depends how much money we are talking about. You would get the best feedback if you give a ballpark figure on your budget.

I just picked up a Presonus FireStudio Project that came with a Presonus FaderPort for $399 it all works well with Sonar. Some users a few years ago had issues with Presonus gear working correctly with Sonar. That is not the case these days. I also bought a Presonus MonitorControl. The interface
has 8 xlr inputs and you can buy another matching or compatible interface and "daisy chain" them together, making 16 xlr ins and so on...as much as your processor can handle. Soon I will be doing just that, for my Home studio.

Check out the Presonus website ;-)

Others may have better suggestions.

Back