background noise in monitors

dvincent

I'm working my way through my first Cwhs9 song, just 8 tracks audio. I have new monitors. When I record a track its real clean, but through the monitors on playback there is alot of background noise. I need to find out where it is coming from or if this is normal? I dont want it to translate onto CD like that. Thanks. D P3, win98, d44

I had the same problem at first. Do you have a low freq hum or a hiss? I made two mistakes. One was to have my amp sitting next to a flourescent lamp. The other mistake was to have the amp plugged in an ac outlet different grom the rest of my gear. I probably have a polarity error in my studio. Otherwise make sure your sheilded cables to your amp are ok. (assuming you are using a power amp). Do the monitors have noise without any input connected?

noise in monitors

Thanks for the suggestions. I probably have too much going on - aguitar amp 1 foot away, a big tv very near, monitor amp on different plugin, I'll try to remedy these things and report back. Thx again anyone who responded.

test

JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU TAKE 1 STEP AT A TIME

UNPLUG EVERYTHING AND START SLOWLY FROM SCRATCH.

PATIENCE IAS A VIRTUE
GOOD LUCK

WARI.

Back