Audio interface and Home Studio 2002

NikLEye

Any suggestions on a good PC soundcard with enuf inputs and outs to use an external audio interface (Edirol UA5). Here is the jist of what I am trying to do...Using Homestudio 2002 XL wanting to do vocals using an Audio technica 3035 condenser mic into the audio interface's input channel one by XLR connect and the phantom power turned on of course. Going from the output of the interface to the line input of a Soundblaster Live 5.1+ MP3. The thing I am sure that is OE ,operator error, is I can record the vocal in an audio track of Home Studio no problem but when I try to double or lay a harmony on the 1st recorded vocal track there is a delay in playback of the 1st vocal almost like an echo slapback...you sing it and a second later you hear it...whether I use the headphones on the interface or play it on the PC speakers. ..am I missing an input back into the interface or whats going on...Help me!!!!!!! A technically challenged musician or so it seems THANKS NIKLEYE

Ahh... Input Monitoring again. Turn it off by unselecting everything in Options -> Audio -> Input Monitoring.

That should get rid of the delay (which is called latency, by the way).

:)

And remember that HS2002 only support 2 inputs and 2 outputs. The Audiophile 2496 is a great soundcard.

Hmmmm . . . the hype from Cakewalk sez that Home Studio XL can rcord unlimited tracks. Did they forget to mention that you have to record them two at a time?

Is this true?

DCMaguire

DCMaguire said:
Hmmmm . . . the hype from Cakewalk sez that Home Studio XL can rcord unlimited tracks. Did they forget to mention that you have to record them two at a time?

Is this true?

DCMaguire

Thats not what they say - you make it sound as if Cakewalk was misleading the customer. You can work with an unlimited amount of tracks, but HS2002 only supports cards with 2 mono inputs (or 1 stereo pair).

Back